My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Thursday, September 29, 2011

An Unpredictable Praise


Various Passages


As a child, I remember individuals in church who were predictable in their praise. During church service, there would be certain "cues" that would trigger their “shout”. For example, whenever a certain individual would sing, "their song" or the preacher would say a certain cliche, it would cause them to "erupt" into an uncontrollable praise! As children, my friends and I would "count down" the event: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1..More often than not, the person we were monitoring would respond just as we predicted.






The Bible records instances where individuals praised The Lord at what appeared to be unconventional times. For example, when an enemy coalition came up against Jehoshaphat in II Chronicles 20, instead of being discouraged, they were ordered to give God praise. When Paul and Silas were beaten and incarcerated, they had a prayer and praise service at midnight. Both of those occasions resulted in The Lord moving in a Great Way and giving His people the victory.



If you were to think about it, the 21st century church has programmed times of praise as well. As a matter of fact, most churches have periods called, “Praise and Worship” where we are encouraged and exhorted to give God praise at a particular time. But I defend that the times of unpredictable praise are the periods when our adversary is the most confused! One of the most popular passages that archives praising God at an unpredictable time is Joshua 6. When Joshua led Israel against Jericho, instead of taking out weapons of war, they gave God praise to defeat their enemy. Like Joshua's campaign as well as the two other accounts, I encourage you to use the weapon of praise against any and all attacks of the enemy.



While some of the religious cliches we use are untrue, there is Scripturual proof to the saying that, "When the praises go up, blessings do come down." The exhortation today is to confuse the enemy by giving God the praise--even amidst the trials, tribulations, and traumas of life.



Let's Pray: "Father, give us a revelation of the power of praise. Give us a mind to praise you amidst our toughest times, in Jesus' Name, amen."



Daily Confession

Thank You for making me the head and not the tail

Above only and not beneath

The lender and not the borrower

The conquerer and not the conquered



Thank You for giving me all things that pertain to life and godliness

And for delivering my life from death and destruction

So that I might live and not die

To declare Your Works

Thank You that no sickness shall live in my body

For by Your Stripes I am healed

Thank You that I shall not be stressed, oppressed or depressed

But I'm kept in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee



Thank You that I'm not distressed, distracted, or in disarray

But I'm focused on what You've called me to do



Thank You that there is no lack in my life today

For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus



This is the day that the Lord has made

I will rejoice and be glad in it,

In Jesus' Name,

Amen



Questions of the Day

Challenge

1. Name at least 5 passages that talk about praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment