My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Friday, September 16, 2011

A Life of Sacrifice

Various Scriptures

Love people who hate you. “Do good” towards folk who “do you bad.” Pray for people who are persecuting you. Give the first tenth of all your income plus an offering to The Lord—regardless of the bills you have for the week. Thank God in every situation…The aforementioned are examples of commandments that all Christians (not just the preachers) are to obey. The fact that these exhortations are opposed to our fleshly desires is the very thing that creates the tug of war between our flesh and our spirit!


As believers, we must always remember that the call to Christianity is a call to sacrifice. One of the greatest problems in all of Christendom is the gross number of individuals who want to follow God and obtain all His Blessings with little to no sacrifice. The following verses are a clarion call back to this great principal (the principal of sacrifice):



Matthew 16:24 (NKJV): Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.“



Luke 9:57 (ESV) As they were going along the road, someone said to him, “I will follow you wherever you go.” 58 And Jesus said to him, “Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head.” 59 To another he said, “Follow me.” But he said, “Lord, let me first go and bury my father.” 60 And Jesus said to him, “Leave the dead to bury their own dead. But as for you, go and proclaim the kingdom of God.” 61 Yet another said, “I will follow you, Lord, but let me first say farewell to those at my home.” 62 Jesus said to him, “No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God.”



Romans 12:1 (NCV) So brothers and sisters, since God has shown us great mercy, I beg you to offer your lives as a living sacrifice to him. Your offering must be only for God and pleasing to him, which is the spiritual way for you to worship.



On this final day of this week, spend time contemplating and re-committing to the life of sacrifice that all Christians are called to.



Let’s Pray:
“Father, remind us that being a Christian isn’t about convenience but commitment and sacrifice, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”



Daily Confession

Thank You for making me the head and not the tail

Above only and not beneath

The lender and not the borrower

The conquerer and not the conquered



Thank You for giving me all things that pertain to life and godliness

And for delivering my life from death and destruction

So that I might live and not die

To declare Your Works



Thank You that no sickness shall live in my body

For by Your Stripes I am healed

Thank You that I shall not be stressed, oppressed or depressed

But I'm kept in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee



Thank You that I'm not distressed, distracted, or in disarray

But I'm focused on what You've called me to do



Thank You that there is no lack in my life today

For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus



This is the day that the Lord has made

I will rejoice and be glad in it,

In Jesus' Name,

Amen



Questions of the Day

Who Am I?



1. I was Israel’s 1st king.

2. I was Saul’s replacement.

3. I anointed both Saul and David as Israel’s king.

4. I was the prophet who replaced Eli.

5. We were Eli’s sons.

No comments:

Post a Comment