My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Finish Strong

Hebrews 12:2: “looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”


It’s very easy to overlook the full magnitude of the earthly Ministry of The Lord Jesus Christ. The writings of the four gospel writers—Matthew,


Mark, Luke, and John—only covered a period of roughly three short years of His Life! While we’re fascinated with all of The Miracles He Performed, John stated in the very last verse of his gospel that, “…there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written…” (John 21:25)


What were the keys to Jesus’ Success? One of the most important yet practical keys was the fact that He maximized every moment of His Life. Jesus was The Master of time management. I’ve never read about anyone who was as productive as He was in such a short period of time. But I was even more impressed with the way that He ended His Tenure here on earth. Amazingly, the last moments of His Life proved His tenacity, fortitude, and overall ability to finish strong. Although He was bruised, battered and beaten beyond recognition, The Bible says that Jesus, “…endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.” (Hebrews 12:2) After Jesus was inhumanely executed, He rose from the grave three days later! What a finish!


This past Friday, the green grass and long days of the summer gave way to the picturesque scenery of autumn—the most beautiful season of the year (in my opinion). This time of year, it’s very easy to lose sight of the goals we’d set for 2011 and roll them over to 2012. How easy is it to just “coast” the rest of this year without focusing our efforts, energy, and attention to completing the unfinished assignments we have for this year? Like Jesus, we must exercise the principals of time management and fortitude in order to finish this year on a high instead of a decline. The exhortation today is short and sweet…”Finish the Year Strong!”


Let’s Pray: “Father, help us to finish this year strong. Don’t let us “carry over” things into another year that we are to finish this year, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”



Daily Confession

Thank You for making me the head and not the tail

Above only and not beneath

The lender and not the borrower

The conquerer and not the conquered



Thank You for giving me all things that pertain to life and godliness

And for delivering my life from death and destruction

So that I might live and not die

To declare Your Works



Thank You that no sickness shall live in my body

For by Your Stripes I am healed

Thank You that I shall not be stressed, oppressed or depressed

But I'm kept in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee



Thank You that I'm not distressed, distracted, or in disarray

But I'm focused on what You've called me to do



Thank You that there is no lack in my life today

For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus



This is the day that the Lord has made

I will rejoice and be glad in it,

In Jesus' Name,

Amen



Questions of the Day
Challenge



1. Name at least 5 passages that talk about giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment