My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Thank God for the Valley


Various Scriptures




One of the most paradoxical statements in the Word of God is to, “Thank God in all things.” Why should we give God praise during times of pain, persecution, and perplexity? Why praise God when you have more enemies than friends, more sorrow than joy, and more month than you have money? You may not realize it, but hard times are necessary because it’s during the hard times that we truly grow! Your relationship with God wasn’t developed during the mountaintop, but during the valley low! Your valley experiences provided an opportunity for The Lord to prove that He is Who He said He is! In other words, you learned God as A Provider, A Healer, A Restorer…not during the good times, but during the difficult times in your life. The psalmist declared, “It is good for me that I have been afflicted, That I may learn Your statutes. (Psalm 119:71)



The old adage is true: “What doesn’t kill you, does make you stronger.” As you read and meditate on the poem below, let’s thank God for the valley experiences we all go through.



Let’s Pray: “Father, thank You for every valley experience in life, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”




It's in the Valley we Grow

Sometimes life seems hard to bear,

Full of sorrow, trouble and woe

It's then we have to remember

That it's in the valleys we grow.

If we always stayed on the mountain top

And never experienced pain,

We would never appreciate God's love

And would be living in vain.

We have so much to learn

And our growth is very slow

Sometimes we need the mountain tops,

But it's in the valleys we grow.

We do not always understand

Why things happen as they do,

But I am very sure of one thing.

My Lord will see me through.

The little valleys are nothing

When we picture Christ on the cross

He went through the valley of death;

His victory was Satan's loss.

Forgive me Lord, for complaining

When I'm feeling so very low.

Just give me a gentle reminder

That it's in the valleys I grow.

Continue to strengthen me, Lord

And use my life each day

To share your love with others

And help them find their way.

Thank you for the valleys, Lord

For this one thing I know

The mountain tops are glorious

But it's in the valleys I grow!




Daily Confession

Thank You for making me the head and not the tail

Above only and not beneath

The lender and not the borrower

The conquerer and not the conquered



Thank You for giving me all things that pertain to life and godliness

And for delivering my life from death and destruction

So that I might live and not die

To declare Your Works



Thank You that no sickness shall live in my body

For by Your Stripes I am healed

Thank You that I shall not be stressed, oppressed or depressed

But I'm kept in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee



Thank You that I'm not distressed, distracted, or in disarray

But I'm focused on what You've called me to do



Thank You that there is no lack in my life today

For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus



This is the day that the Lord has made

I will rejoice and be glad in it,

In Jesus' Name,

Amen



Questions of the Day

Who Am I?

1. I’m the wife of Nabal that became the wife of David

2. I’m the wife of Uriah that became the wife of David

3. I’m the wife of Ahab

4. I’m the wife of Elimelech and the mother of Mahlon and Chilion

No comments:

Post a Comment