My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Friday, September 23, 2011

The Right Perspective

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.



The story is told of a young woman who was complaining to her father about how difficult her life was. “Come with me,” he said. “I want to show you something.” He took her into the kitchen where he put three pots of water on the stove to heat. Meanwhile, he cut up some carrots and put tem into the first pot to boil. Two eggs were put in the second pot and ground coffee was poured into the third. After a few minutes, he strained the carrots into one bowl, peeled the eggs and put them into another, and into a cup he poured the strained coffee. He then placed them before his daughter.



The daughter asked her father, “What’s all this supposed to mean?” The father answered, “Each of these items can teach us something about the way we handle adversity. The carrots started out hard, but the boiling water turned them mushy. The eggs went into the water fragile but came out hard and rubbery. The coffee, on the other hand, changed the water into something better.” The father continued, “Honey, you can choose how you will respond to your problems. You can let them make you weak. You can let them make you hard. Or you can use them to create something beneficial. It’s all up to you.”


One of the reasons that we can be optimistic about every day and each situation of life is because The God we serve is in charge of every moment. And during those times when things don’t appear to be working in our favor, we can be assured that our Heavenly Father is working things out for our good. Romans 8:28 says, “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.” The exhortation today is to, “Keep things in their proper perspective…God is working things out!”



Let’s Pray: “Father, help us to keep the right perspective at all times and in all things, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”



Daily Confession

Thank You for making me the head and not the tail

Above only and not beneath

The lender and not the borrower

The conquerer and not the conquered



Thank You for giving me all things that pertain to life and godliness

And for delivering my life from death and destruction

So that I might live and not die

To declare Your Works



Thank You that no sickness shall live in my body

For by Your Stripes I am healed

Thank You that I shall not be stressed, oppressed or depressed

But I'm kept in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee



Thank You that I'm not distressed, distracted, or in disarray

But I'm focused on what You've called me to do



Thank You that there is no lack in my life today

For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus



This is the day that the Lord has made

I will rejoice and be glad in it,

In Jesus' Name,

Amen



Questions of the Day

Challenge



Write out all the books in the Bible that were written by the Apostle Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment