My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Only What You Do For Christ Will Last!

Various Scriptures


If you were to ask the goals of the average, everyday individual, most of them would answer with something temporal—save a “nest egg” for retirement, get a better job, build a “dream home,” buy a new car, find a life mate…When was the last time that you heard anyone (Christians of course) communicate spiritual goals in every day conversation—get closer to God, win more souls to the kingdom, give more to support ministry…As Christians, we must remember to prioritize God’s Kingdom above and before anything else (Matthew 6:33). Remember the following as it relates to worldly goals:



-You may build a beautiful house, but eventually it will crumble

-You may develop a fine career, but one day it will be over

-You may save a great sum of money, but you can’t take it with
you

-You may be in superb health today, but in time it will decline

-You may take pride in your accomplishments, but someone will
surpass you



Paul’s exhortation to the church is to, “Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. “ (Colossians 3:2) As you go through today and this season, remember that, “Only What You Do For Christ Will Last!”



Let’s Pray: “Father, we pray that You’ll help us to remember that we’ll prioritize our lives for kingdom building, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”



Daily Confession

Thank You for making me the head and not the tail

Above only and not beneath

The lender and not the borrower

The conquerer and not the conquered



Thank You for giving me all things that pertain to life and godliness

And for delivering my life from death and destruction

So that I might live and not die

To declare Your Works



Thank You that no sickness shall live in my body

For by Your Stripes I am healed

Thank You that I shall not be stressed, oppressed or depressed

But I'm kept in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee



Thank You that I'm not distressed, distracted, or in disarray

But I'm focused on what You've called me to do



Thank You that there is no lack in my life today

For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus



This is the day that the Lord has made

I will rejoice and be glad in it,

In Jesus' Name,

Amen






Questions of the Day
Challenge


Give at least five names for God in the Old Testament

No comments:

Post a Comment