My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Don't Miss Your Season!

John 5:5-8: One man was there who had been an invalid for thirty-eight years. 6 When Jesus saw him lying there and knew that he had already been there a long time, he said to him, "Do you want to be healed?" 7 The sick man answered him, "Sir i have no one to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up, and while I am going another steps down before me."


Several weeks ago, I watched a real-life illustration of what it means to miss your season. While traveling down Tiny Town Road, I passed a woman that was in the turning lane at a traffic light. Although the turning arrow was green, she didn't recognize it because she was engrossed in a conversation. Although the frustrated commuters behind her were blowing their horns, the light turned red with the woman and those behind her still stuck in traffic. She missed her window of opportunity to turn off the main road because of her distraction.



John chapter 5 records a gentleman who almost missed his season of blessings. When Jesus asked the man who'd been paralyzed for 38 years, "Do you want to be healed," the gentleman's reply was, "Sir, I have no one to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up, and while I am going another steps down before me." Our Miracle-Working Savior was about to make him whole and he almost missed his season! Like this gentleman, many times excuses, doubt and unbelief are all reasons that Christians miss their window of opportunity to move in God's Will and His Promises. It is my prayer today that you won't miss what The Lord is desiring to do in your life during this season.

My prayer are the words of one of my favorite songs..."Whatever God is doing, I pray that He doesn't do it without you!"



Let's Pray: "Father, I ask You to move in the life of my brother and my sister in a great way during this season. I ask, Father, that they will be in the Center of Your Will today and always, in Jesus' Name, amen."



Daily Confession

Thank You for making me the head and not the tail

Above only and not beneath

The lender and not the borrower

The conquerer and not the conquered



Thank You for giving me all things that pertain to life and godliness

And for delivering my life from death and destruction

So that I might live and not die

To declare Your Works



Thank You that no sickeness shall live in my body

For by Your Stripes I am healed

Thank You that I shall not be stressed, oppressed or depressed

But I'm kept in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee



Thank You that I'm not distressed, distracted, or in disarray

But I'm focused on what You've called me to do



Thank You that there is no lack in my life today

For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus



This is the day that the Lord has made

I will rejoice and be glad in it,

In Jesus' Name,

Amen



Questions of the Day

1. Name all of Jesus' 12 disciples.

2. Name the 12 tribes of Israel

No comments:

Post a Comment