My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

An Attitude of Thanksgiving

Various Scriptures





The Bible teaches that one of the characteristics of individuals living in the last days is a lack of thanksgiving (2 Timothy 3:2) Although my children are part of what I believe is the “latter time” generation, they are quite the exception in the area of gratitude. As a matter of fact, they sometimes overwhelm me with their expressions of thankfulness. Whenever either my wife or myself do something for them—from purchasing their school clothes to buying a slush for them at Sonic—they quickly respond by saying, “Thank you.” When we purchased dinner for them after leaving church last night, Calvin (my son and oldest child) began “The Thanksgiving Chant” followed by Carah (our middle child and oldest daughter) and then Ciara (our youngest child). Their attitudes of gratitude make it very easy for us (their mom and me) to respond to their needs and to some of their wants.



As Christians, not only should we be thankful for acts and services rendered towards us, but thanksgiving for us (believers) is to be an attitude. The AMG Concise Bible Dictionary records the following words in regards to being thankful: “The lives of God's people are to be characterized by the offering of thanksgiving to God always, for everything, and in all circumstances.” (Ephesians 5:19-20; Philippians 4:6; 1 Thessalonians 5:18). Many believers are only motivated to thank God during the good times and not the bad. But like David, we are to bless God and be thankful, “at all times.” And if we can’t find any other reason to be thankful, we can be grateful that our Heavenly Father has chosen us to be heirs in His kingdom and joint heirs with Jesus Christ! We are children of the King of kings and Lord of lords! Hallelujah!



Let’s touch and agree that God will give us a real revelation of the great privilege we’ve been afforded in being His children. Comprehending this revelation will lead to a life of perpetual thanksgiving.



Let’s Pray: “Father, give us a true revelation of what it means to be saved. We ask for an attitude of thanksgiving today and always, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”



Daily Confession

Thank You for making me the head and not the tail

Above only and not beneath

The lender and not the borrower

The conquerer and not the conquered



Thank You for giving me all things that pertain to life and godliness

And for delivering my life from death and destruction

So that I might live and not die

To declare Your Works



Thank You that no sickness shall live in my body

For by Your Stripes I am healed



Thank You that I shall not be stressed, oppressed or depressed

But I'm kept in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee



Thank You that I'm not distressed, distracted, or in disarray

But I'm focused on what You've called me to do



Thank You that there is no lack in my life today

For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus



This is the day that the Lord has made

I will rejoice and be glad in it,

In Jesus' Name,

Amen



Questions of the Day

General Knowledge



1. What are the nine fruit of the Spirit an where are they found?

No comments:

Post a Comment