My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Monday, September 19, 2011

KEEP GETTING BACK UP!

Proverbs 24:16 “…a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again…”


Last night, I watched a phenomenal football game between the Atlanta Falcons and the Philadelphia Eagles. Although the Eagles were favored, the Falcons came away with a 35-31 victory. Even though they won, the Falcons’ starting quarterback, Matt Ryan, took a pounding from the Eagle defense. For a great deal of the game, the Eagles contested Ryan’s throws and hit him either in the act of throwing (the ball) or shortly after. But amidst the pounding, Ryan still threw a career high four touchdown passes. During the post-game interview, a reported asked him, “How did you survive such a pounding?” To this Ryan replied, “I just kept getting back up.”


The life of the believer is one of constant and consistent warfare. The apostle Paul informed the church at Ephesus that, “…we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.” (Ephesians 6:12) While we are victorious in “life’s boxing match” with Satan, there are rounds when he gets the best of us. As a matter of fact, there are times when the devil knocks the wind out of us and even puts us on our backs! But when we’ve suffered from the attacks of the enemy, we must have the wherewithal to pick ourselves up and go on. The writer declares that, “…a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again…” Proverbs 24:16.

Child of God, if the enemy has gotten the best of you, get up, dust yourself off, and go on. Be encouraged today! In the end, you win!

Let’s Pray: “Father, I ask that You’ll help us to always ‘get up’ from the attacks of the enemy, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”

Daily Confession Thank You for making me the head and not the tail Above only and not beneath The lender and not the borrower The conquerer and not the conquered

Thank You for giving me all things that pertain to life and godliness And for delivering my life from death and destruction So that I might live and not die To declare Your Works

Thank You that no sickness shall live in my body For by Your Stripes I am healed Thank You that I shall not be stressed, oppressed or depressed But I'm kept in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee

Thank You that I'm not distressed, distracted, or in disarray But I'm focused on what You've called me to do

Thank You that there is no lack in my life today For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus

This is the day that the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it, In Jesus' Name, Amen

Questions of the Day Who Am I?

1. I went with Abraham even though God didn’t tell him to take me 2. I tried to take Sarai as my wife in Genesis 12 3. Abram told Sarai to say they she was his

No comments:

Post a Comment