My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Friday, May 7, 2010

What’s On Your Mind?

Psalms 111:1 “Praise ye the LORD. I will praise the LORD with my whole heart, in the assembly of the upright, and in the congregation.”
As believers sit in churches each Sunday, all kinds of thoughts bombard their minds—from sports being played on television to the final chores needing to get done before the upcoming week to where they’ll eat when they get out of church…The lyrics, “Your body is here with me, but your mind is on the other side of town” manifests as a reality each week—ironically in the House of the Lord of all places! Though many believers’ bodies are in our churches, their minds are often torn between giving its attention to the worship service and wandering off someplace else.

The key to having a wonderful worship experience and fully accessing the Presence of the Lord is to “…forget about yourself, and concentrate on Him…” Martin Luther, the great German reformer, once said, “To let your face blabber one thing while your heart dwells on another is just tempting God…Any and every thing, if it is to be well done, demands the entire man, all his mind and faculties.” The psalmist confirmed Luther’s words of wisdom when he pinned, “…I will praise the Lord with my whole heart…” As we prepare to attend our worship services over the weekend, let’s make sure that we “reel in our wandering minds” prior to entering the sanctuary. It could be our ticket to receiving what we need from the Lord.

Let’s Pray:
“Father, forgive us for the many times our bodies were in church but our minds were every place but there. Teach us how to focus on You only and to access Your Presence, in Jesus’ Name, Amen.”


Daily Prayer:
“Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil,
that I may not cause pain!”



The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment