My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Things Will Turn Around!

Job 42:10 “And the Lord restored Job's losses…Indeed the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before.”

A member of our church recently shared a real life experience that encouraged me. One of my spiritual daughters told me that she experienced the worst hail storm that she’s ever seen. Unfortunately, she was driving home (Clarksville, Tennessee) from work (in Nashville) on I-24 when it happened. She shared that the golf-ball sized hail was falling so rapidly that it was almost overwhelming (literally). As she was being bombarded with various emotions, her situation suddenly changed. Instead of driving in hail, her travel conditions changed to sunshine. The key to her breakthrough was the fact that she kept moving forward.

During some seasons of our lives, it appears that situations are spiraling downward swiftly with no relief in sight. There have been times when not only did I feel like “throwing in the towel,” but I’ve had the unction to set it afire and then throw the ashes in the river! But The Lord always has a way of turning things around for his children. After all Job had gone through in the first forty-one chapters of the book that archives his life, in the final chapter of Job the Bible says that “…the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before.”
The exhortation today is to keep moving forward—things will turn around!

Let’s Pray:
“Father, turn things around for the one who needs You to do so, in Jesus’ Name I pray, amen.”

Daily Prayer:
“Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil,
that I may not cause pain!”


The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Bishop Lockett, I really needed to read these words today. God knows how to direct us to areas that we need to be in and I'm so blessed that He turned me to you. The storm winds may blow, but I'm fully equipped and loaded to handle whatever may come my way. Just keep moving forward in my journey is my focus, no matter what. Love and blessings.
Sis. Sha Howard from St. Louis, Mo

Post a Comment