My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

GRACE, GRACE, GRACE

2 Corinthians 12:9: And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you…”


The month of May is the fifth month of the year and five is the number for grace. Most of us understand grace from the definition of “favor, kindness, friendship, and God’s forgiving mercy.” One of the great hymns of the church (written by John Newton) echoes this great blessing:

“Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.
T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.”


While the first two (of six) stanzas celebrate God’s Favor and Forgiving Mercy, the third shifts and takes on a totally different meaning—God’s Ability. The third one reads:

“Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.”


Although Paul prayed fervently for God to remove his infamous, “thorn in the flesh,” the request of one of God’s most faithful servants was denied (II Corinthians 12:7-8). However, the Lord did grant Paul the grace (or the ability) to overcome the proclivity assigned his human body (II Corinthians 12:9). Like Paul, there are times that we pray fervently for things that the Lord just doesn’t grant. During these moments, we question God and sometimes even doubt His Concern concerning our plight(s). I want to encourage you, beloved, that God heard and answered your prayers by giving you grace to go through whatever comes your way. The exhortation today is to thank the Lord for His Amazing Grace.

Let’s Pray:
“Father, thank You for Your Grace.” We pray that You’ll give us the revelation that we’ve been graced to handle whatever comes our way, in Jesus’ Name, amen!”

Daily Prayer:
“Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil,
that I may not cause pain!”


The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment