My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Thursday, May 6, 2010

The National Day of Prayer

2 Chronicles 7:13 If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people; 14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. (KJV)


Earthquakes are leaving thousands of people dead in different parts of the world. Uncontrolled forest fires have spread over hundreds of acres at a time destroying everything in their paths to include homes. Record snowfall amounts have fallen over the past year which caused many to be stranded in airports and hotels and even shut down cities (to include our nation’s capital). The recent volcano halted the operations of the airways causing the airline industry to lose billions of dollars in revenue and delaying and/or re-routing the travel itineraries of thousands. Violent storms have swept through cities causing devastation that will take months to overcome. This past weekend, our city (Clarksville, Tennessee) experienced its worst flooding in decades damaging homes and businesses and shutting off parts of the city. And these are only the natural disasters! When you factor in the crime and unemployment rates, a shaky economy, increased terrorist threats (the list goes on and on) in our nation, then you have a formula that equates to a generation of people who are living in perilous times.

While many would chalk up the aforementioned events as coincidental, I defend that there is a direct correlation between the increase in natural disasters and man’s decreased desire for God. At the same time that our world is trying to take God and His Way of doing things out of society, the doors are being left wide open for Satan to come in. Not only have we witnessed the warfare of continuing prayer in our schools and other public establishments, but our President’s desire to recognize the first Thursday in May as the National Day of Prayer was even opposed. Thank God that His Promise still remains: “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” (II Chronicles 7:14)

If at all possible, touch and agree with at least one other believer today and intercede for our nation and our world.

Daily Prayer:
“Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil,
that I may not cause pain!”

The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment