My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Friday, May 21, 2010

I AM NOT THE ONE

Matthew 3:11 (NKJV) I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

It’s possible to be fascinated with the blessing and the favor of God upon the lives of other believers. It can be mesmerizing to see God’s Anointing flowing through one of His servants or observing a spiritual gift in operation. Unfortunately, there are those who do not rightly divide the correlation between the possessor of a gift and The God Who is The Giver of it (the gift). The purpose of our gifts, talents, and abilities is to glorify our Father by leading others to Christ and edifying, comforting, and exhorting His body. And if anyone tries to exalt us, we must give God the glory instead of allowing ourselves to take credit for what He does through our lives and ministries.

John the Baptist came onto the scene after a four-hundred year period without a prophetic voice in the earth. People all across the land came out to the wilderness to experience the ministry of the forerunner of Christ. John’s message was this: “…He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry…” (Matthew 3:11) He made it perfectly clear that The Coming Messiah would be so great that he wouldn’t even be worthy to carry The Shoes of our Savior. In laymen’s terms, John proclaimed, “I am not the one!”
While it’s alright to honor, admire, and respect the grace on another believer’s life, make sure that you only worship God—He shares His Glory with no one else.

Let’s Pray:
“Father, thank You for placing Your blessings, favor, and Anointing upon flawed human beings for the purpose of building Your Kingdom. We ask that we’ll NEVER be so mesmerized with another person to the point that we worship them rather than You. We pray that we won’t take the credit for the things that You do through us, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”

Daily Prayer:
“Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil,
that I may not cause pain!”
The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment