My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Explaining the Unexplainable

Isaiah 55:8-9: 8 "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," says the Lord. 9 "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.


There are times when we really don’t understand the Mind of God. While we comprehend why God blesses the faithful and obedient, it’s difficult to embrace (much less explain) that God would choose to smile upon the disobedient and unfaithful! I know that Hebrews 11:1 says, “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen,” but one everyday application of faith is to “keep doing the right thing—even when it appears that others doing the wrong things are being rewarded!”

If we’re going to stay the Christian course, we must grasp the revelation that God is Sovereign—which means He does what He wants, when He wants, and He doesn’t owe anyone an explanation for doing it! While we’d like to understand everything He does, we were not created to comprehend God’s Mind. The Bible says, “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," says the Lord. “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.” (Isaiah 55:8-9) Human understanding is not a variable in God’s Formula for faith; in fact, real faith is trusting God’s Sovereignty above our finite comprehension (Proverbs 3:5).


Let’s spend more time asking God to help us accept what He does and less time asking Him to explain it.

Let’s Pray:
“Father, we ask You to help us accept what You allow to happen in the earth. We admit that there are times we have difficulty understanding Your Sovereignty. Help us not to be too analytical concerning the things of the Kingdom, in Jesus’ Name, Amen.


Daily Prayer:

“Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil,
that I may not cause pain!”
The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment