My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Friday, May 14, 2010

DEVOTIONAL EMAIL

"Today's devotional is an E-mail sent to Bishop from one of his spiritual daughters."


---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: May 13, 2010 10:29 AM
Subject: Walking Away from Jesus
To: "bishop lockett"

Morning Bishop,
I read one of the most remarkable scriptures this morning that put a jolt in my spirit! After this many of his disciples turned back and no longer walked with him (John 6:66). I had never read this passage before. "After this?" After what? I went back to the beginning of chapter 60 and several things took place. 1. Jesus fed five thousand (v 1-15). 2. Jesus walked on water (v 16-20). 3. Jesus reveals He is the bread of life (v. 22-59). In verse 60, the disciples grumbled at the things Jesus was teaching, they found it to be difficult "when many of his disciples heard it, they said 'this is a hard saying, who can listen to it?' (ESV). In my short time of living I have found that people walk away from Jesus because it is not easy. Living a Christian life is not a bed of roses, it will require us to give up some things, some people, some habits, some behaviors and some mindsets. I too have been like the disciples and felt this walk was too hard and I needed to throw in the towel, so I pondered my alternatives, and this is what I found. Eternal Damnation. Disconnection from the Father. Life of Misery. No Peace of Mind. It amazed me that some of the disciples would leave after experiencing some of Jesus' miracles, they had first-hand access to the Son of God and walked away from it all! I can't walk away, I've seen what he has done in my life, I can't walk away. He delivered me from sin, I can't walk away. He set me back in right standing with Him, I can't walk away. He provided for me when I had nothing, I can't walk away. I have examined the alternatives, and I JUST CAN'T WALK AWAY!

Thank You Lord, I just can't walk away from you, you have delivered me from things I can't tell no one about. I love how you saved my soul and delivered me, for that I worship you. Even when this walk gets hard and I want to give up, I just remember your miracles in my life and I keep pressing, Lord I love you, and I can't just walk away. In Jesus Name Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment