My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Friday, May 28, 2010

Instructions for Life

Psalm 119:105: “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.”
Psalm 119:130: “The entrance of thy words giveth light…”


There have been occasions when I’ve attempted to put together purchased items without first reading the instructions. Usually, these were items that had very few pieces and I resolved that I could just figure out how to assemble without the wisdom of the product’s inventor. Unfortunately, I wasted my most important resource, my time, trying to figure out how to fit the pieces together when all I had to do was read the instructions.

Many reading this devotional are frustrated simply because you’re trying to put together life outside the wisdom of God, The Creator of Life. Like manufacturers know the intricate details of the products they make, our Creator knows us better than anyone else; He even knows us better than we know ourselves! (Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 10:30) As we read, study, and obey God’s Word, the pieces of our lives start coming together. (Psalm 119:105; Psalm 119:130) I encourage you to find a church that teaches and preaches God’s Word and commit to learning all you can about the Lord. And as you come into a relationship with God through the study of His Word, it will change your life.

Let’s Pray: “Father, thank You for Your Word. Give us the discipline to study and obey Your Word like never before, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”

Daily Prayer:
“Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil,
that I may not cause pain!”
The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment