My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Friday, October 29, 2010

:) ENJOY TODAY :)

Various Scripture References


Former 1st Lady Barbara Bush compared life to a train ride. Here's what she
quoted about life:

We get on board the train at birth, and we want to cross the continent
because we have in mind that somewhere out there is a station. We pass by
sleepy little towns looking out the window of life's train, grain fields and
silos, level grade crossings, buses full of people on the roads beside us.
We pass by cities and factories, but we don't look at any of it because we
want to get to the station...This station changes for us during life. To
begin with, for most of us, it's turning 19, getting out of high school.
Then the station is that first promotion then the station becomes getting
the kids out of college, and then the station becomes retirement and
then...all too late we recognize the truth-that this side of that city whose
builder is God, there really isn't a station. The joy is in the journey and
the journey is the joy. Sooner or later, you realize that there is no
station and the truth of life is the trip. Read a book, eat more ice
cream, go barefoot more often, hug a child, go fishing, laugh more. The
station will come soon enough...

Why is there a surplus of people who don't enjoy "the journey through life?"
Why are there individuals who, more often than not, continuously fail to
embrace the beauty that makes each day unique? I submit that one of the
reasons is because we spend too much time worrying about tomorrow and too
little time focusing on today. While there are events that manifest which
are legitimate matters of concern, most of our worrying is completely
un-necessary. Dr. Walter Cavert's research reported the following
statistics: 40% of our worries never happen; 30% of our worries concern
the past; 12% of our worries are needless worries about our health; and 10%
of our worries are insignificant or petty concerns. Only 8% of the things
that worry us are worth the grey matter it takes to do so. Jesus gave
these instructions regarding worry: "Don't worry about tomorrow. It will
take care of itself..." (Matthew 6:34, CEV)

Let the words of the apostle Paul fill your heart today: "Rejoice in the
Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice." Philippians 4:4 (KJV) Make the
proclamation that, "This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice
and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24) The exhortation today is to free our
minds from worry so that our hearts can "rejoice and be glad."

Let's Pray:
Father, according to Your Word, we cast all our cares upon
You. Whatever is worrying us, we lay it at Your Feet. We pray that You
will take care of every problem, every care, and even every concern.
Instead of worrying, help us to rejoice today, in Jesus' Name, amen."

Daily Prayer:
"Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil,
that I may not cause pain!"
The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10



Daily Confession:
Father, I thank You for making me the head and not the tail

Above only and not beneath

The lender and not the borrower

The conqueror and not the conquered

I thank You for giving me all things that pertain unto life and godliness

And for delivering my life from death and destruction

So that I shall live and not die to declare your works



I thank You that no sickness shall live in my body

For by Your Stripes I'm healed



I confess that I will not be stressed, oppressed, or depressed

Because You're keeping me in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee



I confess that I will not be distracted, disorganized, or in disarray,

but I will be diligent to what God has called me to do



I confess that there shall not be any lack in my life

For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by
Christ Jesus

Thank You that all things are working together for my good

And that You always cause me to triumph



This is the day that you have made

I will rejoice and be glad in it

In Jesus, Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment