My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Ultimate Servant

Mark 10:45 (NKJV): “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.”
One of the most powerful yet overlooked principals in all the world is servanthood. Most of the time this principal is in operation without being recognized by the parties involved. From the womb, parents (or guardians) serve their children by nurturing them and taking care of their needs. Spouses serve each other by rendering mutual benevolence according to I Corinthians 7. Pastors and church leaders serve their congregations, soldiers serve their country, and politicians serve the citizens of the jurisdiction of which they are elected.

A vital element in servitude is sacrifice. Not only does servanthood involve a sacrifice of time, but it also includes the sacrifice of plans, intentions, and sometimes even resources. The Ultimate Example of Servanthood is the Ministry of our Lord Jesus Christ. The Savior of the world declared in Mark 10:45 that, “…the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.” The church of old sang how Jesus, “…healed the sick, raised the dead, gave sight to the blind, caused the lame to walk and the dumb to talk…” But The Supreme Sacrifice of all time was when He gave His Life to save the world.

As we’re voting today for politicians to serve us, let’s remember our Lord’s Ultimate Act of Servitude on Calvary. Pause to give Him praise for His Continuous Service of Intercession at The Right Hand of our Father in heaven.

Let’s Pray:
“Father, we thank You for being our Ultimate Example of Servitude. Thank You for volunteering to die on Calvary’s Cross and for serving us even right now at The Right Hand of the Father. Help us to serve one another in building Your Kingdom, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”

Daily Prayer: “Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil,
that I may not cause pain!”
The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10

Daily Confession: Father, I thank You for making me the head and not the tail

Above only and not beneath

The lender and not the borrower

The conqueror and not the conquered



I thank You for giving me all things that pertain unto life and godliness

And for delivering my life from death and destruction

So that I shall live and not die to declare your works



I thank You that no sickness shall live in my body

For by Your Stripes I'm healed

I confess that I will not be stressed, oppressed, or depressed

Because You're keeping me in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee



I confess that I will not be distracted, disorganized, or in disarray,

but I will be diligent to what God has called me to do



I confess that there shall not be any lack in my life

For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus

Thank You that all things are working together for my good

And that You always cause me to triumph



This is the day that you have made

I will rejoice and be glad in it

In Jesus, Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment