My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Be A Witness

Acts 1:8 (ESV) 8
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

The proverbial
saying, “Actions speak louder than words” is really
true—especially as it relates to our confession as Christians.  Believers
must always remember that our lifestyles speak louder than the highest pitch of
our vocal cords.   The world doesn’t want to “hear a sermon”
as much as they want to see one.   Each and every day, the lives of believers
are “the Bibles that the world reads.”
A
conversation with one of my daughters reminded me of this reality.  Recently,
she’d been dealing with difficult people in the workplace.   Instead of
being vengeful and vindictive, she decided to be professional and at the same
time, show the love of God.   One morning, she found the following note on her
desk when she came to work: “…Thanks for being a positive example.”  

Jesus gave the disciples the
following promise:   “…you will receive power when the Holy
Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all
Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”  (Acts 1:8)  Although
the disciples were to tell others about our Risen Christ, our greatest witness
is to show others the Attributes of Christ in our actions as well as our
attitudes.   And as the world sees Christ in our lives, His Presence inside us
will be The Magnet that draws others to Him.  
The exhortation
today is to, “Be a Witness.” 
Let’s
Pray:   Father,
thank You for reminding us that the world is watching us.  We pray that The
Light of Your Glory will shine through us today and every day, in Jesus’
Name, amen.” 
Daily Prayer:

“Oh, that You would bless me indeed,

and enlarge my territory,

that Your hand would be with me,

and that You would keep me from evil,

that I may not cause pain!”
The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10
Daily Confession:
Father,
I thank You for making me the head and
not the tail
Above only and not beneath
The lender and not the borrower
The conqueror and not the conquered
 
I thank You for giving me all things
that pertain unto life and godliness
And for delivering my life from death
and destruction
So that I shall live and not die to
declare your works
 
I thank You that no sickness shall live
in my body today
For by Your Stripes I’m healed
I confess that I will not be stressed,
oppressed, or depressed
Because You’re keeping me in
perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee
 
I confess that there shall be no lack in
my life today
For my God shall supply all my needs
according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus
 
Thank You that all things are working
together for my good
And that You always cause me to triumph
 
This is the day that you have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it
In Jesus, Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment