My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A GOD IN CRISES

Matthew 14:30- “…he was afraid; and
beginning to sink he cried out, saying, ‘Lord, save me!’ 31
And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught
him…”
 


Have you ever been at either a place or an event and partook
in a “moment of silence?”  I recall dropping off my daughter
at school once during this momentary pause at the beginning of the school
day.  When the school’s activities resumed, I was a little offended
that more time wasn’t given to the discipline of prayer.  Like most
other places, a moment of silence at school was just that—“a moment
of silence.” 
 
Will God answer a prayer that’s less than five seconds
long?  What can we say in such a short period that could possibly cause
Him to respond?  Jesus’ Parable of the Pharisee and the publican
proves that it’s not the length, but the content and sincerity of the
prayer that touches the heart of God. (Luke 18:10-14)  Because our God is,
“…a very present help in trouble…” (Psalm 46:1),
He’s available during times of emergency.  I defend that accidents
have been prevented and lives even spared because of a cry of help (to God)
during crises situations.  Jesus’ immediate response to
Peter’s three-word prayer literally prevented him from drowning in the
midst of the sea. (Matthew 14:31) 
 
It’s comforting to know that we serve a God Who
responds during times of crises. 
 

Let’s Pray: 
“Father, thank
You for Your Intervention during times of crises in our lives, in Jesus’
Name, amen.” 
 
Daily Prayer:

“Oh, that You would bless me indeed,

and enlarge my territory,

that Your hand would be with me,

and that You would keep me from evil,

that I may not cause pain!”
The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10
 
 
Daily Confession:
Father,
I thank You for making me the head and not the tail
Above only and not beneath
The lender and not the borrower
The conqueror and not the conquered
 
I thank You for giving me all things that pertain unto life and godlinessAnd
for delivering my life from death and destruction
so that I shall live and not die to declare your works
                            
I thank You that no sickness shall live in my body
For by Your Stripes I'm healed
I confess that I will not be stressed, oppressed, or depressed
Because You're keeping me in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee
 
I confess that I will not be distracted, disorganized, or in disarray, butI will be diligent to what God has called me to do 
 
I confess that there shall not be any lack in my life
For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ
Jesus Thank You that all things are working together for my good
And that You always cause me to triumph
 
This is the day that you have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it
In Jesus, Name, amen

No comments:

Post a Comment