My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Thursday, October 21, 2010

A GREAT PRIVILEGE

John 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am
not of the world.
 

The process of transitioning from being a civilian to
entering the military is a progressive one.  While each branch of service has
differences, there are commonalities shared amongst the group.  All service
members are required to attend some form of basic training followed by
technical or Advanced Individual Training (AIT).  But the most common dynamic
is the fact that each branch of service is a subculture within the larger
society.  The military has its own language, schedule, uniform code, and
justice system.  Most of the time, it’s easy to identify someone serving
their country as a member of The United States Armed Forces 
 
In his prayer in the Garden of Gethsemane, Jesus reminded
The Father that we are “…not of the world…” just like
He’s not of the world. (John 17:16)  When we get saved, we become part of
a subculture within the larger society called The Kingdom of God.  It is the
Will of God that believers think (Romans 12:2), talk (I Peter 1:15), and
conduct ourselves (I Peter 1:16) differently than the world.  We can be proud
of the fact that we belong to the most powerful organization in the universe,
The Church of The Living God.  Jesus declared that “…upon this rock
I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against
it.” (Matthew 16:18) 
 
I was proud to serve my country as a soldier in the United
States Army.  I’m even prouder to be a solider in the Army of the Lord. 

Let’s Pray:
“Father, thank You
for the privilege to serve You in the Kingdom of God, in Jesus’ Name,
amen.”          
 
Daily
Confession:
Father, I thank You for making me the head and not the tail
Above only and not beneath
The lender and not the borrower
The conqueror and not the conquered
 
I thank You for giving me all things that pertain unto life and godliness
And for delivering my life from death and destruction
So that I shall live and not die to declare your works
 
I thank You that no sickness shall live in my body today
For by Your Stripes I'm healed
I confess that I will not be stressed, oppressed, or depressed
Because You're keeping me in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee
 
I confess that there shall not be any lack in my life today For
my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus
Thank You that all things are working together for my good
And that You always cause me to triumph
This is the day that you have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it
In Jesus, Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment