My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

THE POWER OF THE FLESH

Romans 7:18:  “For I know that
in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing…” 


Pastor Craig Groschel confessed a real-life encounter that proves the power of the flesh—even in the lives
of Spirit-filled believers.   While looking for a parking space on a busy
shopping day, an ideal spot came available that was close to the mall
entrance.   He made “eyelock” on the spot and was pulling up to
park his vehicle when a small sports car driving down the wrong lane whipped
into the empty space.   Although he was a pastor with his family riding with
him, he snapped.   He backed up his oversized SUV towards the sports car and
revved his engine.  He then put the vehicle in drive, floored it, and sped towards
the man’s bumper!  A few minutes before impact, he slammed on brakes,
screeching to a halt inches away from the other car’s vehicle.  Finally,
he stared hatefully in the driver’s direction.  When they went inside,
the gentleman found him and apologized, “Man, I’m sorry I took your
spot.”  He continued, “It looks like you have a problem with
anger.  Did you know Jesus loves you?”   He then proceeded to witness to
Pastor Groschel the salvation of Jesus Christ.

The apostle Paul made this confession to the church at Rome:  “For I know that
in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing…”  (Romans
7:18)  We must get the revelation that there is a part of us that’s not
saved, never will be saved, and has the potential to act even more ungodly than
Pastor Groschel’s aforementioned incident.

  The fact that Paul said, “…I discipline my body and make it my slave…” (I
Corinthians 9:27) means that he realized the power of his flesh and his
responsibility to keep it under subjection.  We too must be aware of our areas
of weakness and put up barriers lest we fall prey to the sin that exists
“within our members.” (Romans 7)    

The exhortation today is to, “Walk in the Spirit and not yield to the cravings of the
flesh.”  (Galatians 5:16)

Let’s Pray: 
“Father,
help us to keep our flesh under subjection.  We pray that we’ll
“walk in the Spirit” and not yield to the cravings in our flesh, in
Jesus’ Name, amen.” 


Daily Prayer:

“Oh, that You would bless me indeed,

and enlarge my territory,

that Your hand would be with me,

and that You would keep me from evil,

that I may not cause pain!”
The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10

Daily Confession:
Father,
I thank You for making me the head and
not the tail
Above only and not beneath
The lender and not the borrower
The conqueror and not the conquered
 
I thank You for giving me all things
that pertain unto life and godliness
And for delivering my life from death
and destruction
So that I shall live and not die to
declare your works
 
I thank You that no sickness shall live
in my body today
For by Your Stripes I’m healed
I confess that I will not be stressed,
oppressed, or depressed
Because You’re keeping me in
perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee
 
I confess that there shall be no lack in
my life today
For my God shall supply all my needs
according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus
 
Thank You that all things are working
together for my good
And that You always cause me to triumph
 
This is the day that you have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it
In Jesus, Name, amen.
Questions of the Day:
Galatians 5:16-17
 How is the
believer supposed to walk?
What is the
benefit of walking this way (vs. 16)? 
What is the
spiritual battle listed in verse 17?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment