My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Right Foundation


Matthew 7:24 "Therefore
whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise
man who built his house on the rock: 25 and the rain descended, the
floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall,
for it was founded on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these sayings
of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house
on the sand: 27 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds
blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall."

At the end of Matthew 7, Jesus
tells a parable of two houses.  These houses could very well have been
identical.  The same contractor probably used the same materials and workers in putting up the structures.  But during the storm, one of the houses fell while the other one stood.  Why?  Because there was a difference in the foundations.   The house built upon sand collapsed while the one built upon the rock survived. 


Many people (to include some
Christians) fall apart during the trials and storms of life because they put
too much emphasis on the external and not enough on the internal.  As
believers, we must always ensure that we focus on strengthening our
relationships with God and not be distracted by things of lesser importance. 
The old church sang, “…On Christ The Solid Rock I stand, all other
ground is sinking sand…”

The exhortation today is to
ensure that we’re building upon The Right Foundation. 

Let’s Pray:  
“Father,
help us to prioritize You before and above everything else, in Jesus’
Name, amen.”

Daily
Prayer:

“Oh, that You would bless me indeed,

and enlarge my territory,

that Your hand would be with me,

and that You would keep me from evil,

that I may not cause pain!”
The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10
 


Daily
Confession:

Father,
I thank You for making me the head and not the tailAbove
only and not beneath The lender and not the borrower
The conqueror and not the conquered I
thank You for giving me all things that pertain unto life and godliness
And for delivering my life from death and destruction
So that I shall live and not die to declare your works
 
I thank You that no sickness shall live in my body today
For by Your Stripes I'm healed
I confess that I will not be stressed, oppressed, or depressed
Because You're keeping me in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee
 
I confess that there shall not be any lack in my life today
Formy God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ
Jesus Thank You that all things are working together for my good And
that You always cause me to triumph
 
This is the day that you have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it
In Jesus, Name, amen.
 
Questions of the Day   
 
How
did the gentleman approach Jesus in verses 14-15?
What
was wrong with his son?
How
did he try to harm himself? 
What
did Jesus say to the disciples?
What
did Jesus do in verse 18?
What was the boy’s end state?

No comments:

Post a Comment