My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Monday, September 20, 2010

IT'S MUCH BETTER AHEAD


Psalm 30:5- “…Weeping may endure for a
night, But joy comes in the morning.”

 
Today is Monday, September 20th, 2010. For some, this year has been one where you’ve had your fair share of heartache. Although the writer of Ecclesiastes proclaimed a time and season for everything, the season that many reading this devotional is experiencing is an extended season of pain. The trials of life have left more than a few fatigued from fighting life’s battles. But despite your challenges, I want to encourage you, beloved, to be optimistic about the final three months of the year.  
 
During our pilgrimage through life, things can sometimes
appear bleak and even dismal.  When we have to navigate through these seasons, we must encourage ourselves to keep believing that things will get better. 

Hard times don’t “come to stay,” they “come to
pass.”  The words of the psalmist often encourage me: 
“…Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the
morning.” (Psalm 30:5)
 
The exhortation today is to keep pushing, pressing, and
persevering…Things are much better ahead.  
 
Let’s Pray:
“Father, give us the
fortitude to believe that things are better ahead, in Jesus’ Name.” 
 

Daily Prayer:
“Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory,
that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil
that I may not cause pain!”

The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment