My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Friday, September 24, 2010

The Greatest Leader


Matthew 16:18- “…on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.”



I asked one of my spiritual sons to name three of the greatest leaders of all time. I qualified the question by giving him the one word definition of the word leadership—influence. When he communicated his choices, to his surprise I told him that I thought that Adolph Hitler and Jim Jones were great leaders because of the influence (though negative) they had on others. But my choice as The Greatest Leader of all time is Jesus Christ of Nazareth.



Jesus’ initial followers were a diverse group—from a tax collector to fishermen to a physician. But His Leadership Ability changed their lives. Although Mohandas (Mohatma) Ghandi is accredited with being the father of non-violence, the leadership model originated with our Lord and Savior. I teach and preach that one of the greatest factors in successful leadership is the leader’s succession plan. I believe that the true measure of a leader’s success is not measured by how well the organization functions when he or she is around, but by the performance of the outfit in the leader’s absence. Over two-thousand years ago, Jesus established the church then left and went back to glory. Throughout history the church has overcome all types of opposition. Although she is often the brunt of many a joke, to her credit, the church is still standing. Jesus promised that the gates of hell would not prevail against His Church (Matthew 16:18)



Do your part in passing on Christ to the next generation. In doing so, not only will you crown Jesus as King of Kings and Lord of Lords, but you’ll also confirm the fact that He is the Greatest Leader of all time.



Let’s Pray:

“Father, not only do we honor Jesus as our Lord and Savior, but we recognize Him as being The Greatest Leader of all time. Teach us The Awesome Traits of His Leadership, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”



Daily Prayer:

“Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil,
that I may not cause pain!”
The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10



Daily Confession:

Father, I thank You for making me the head and not the tail
Above only and not beneath
The lender and not the borrower
The conqueror and not the conquered
I thank You for giving me all things that pertain unto life and godliness
And for delivering my life from death and destruction
So that I shall live and not die to declare your works
I thank You that no sickness shall live in my body today
For by Your Stripes I'm healed
I confess that I will not be stressed, oppressed, or depressed
Because You're keeping me in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee
I confess that there shall not be any lack in my life today
For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus
Thank You that all things are working together for my good
And that You always cause me to triumph
This is the day that you have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it
In Jesus, Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment