My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Monday, September 27, 2010

THERE MUST BE A DIFFERENCE


Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before
men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in
heaven.



George Barna, a well-respected Christian researcher, reported the following statistics
about Christians and Christianity: 
-48% non-Christians said they gave in the last month compared to 47% of Christians
that did
-36% of non-Christians read their horoscopes; that same amount of believers (36%)
read theirs
-29% of Christians give their time to nonprofit causes; 27% non-Christians volunteer
theirs

While you may not think these statistics aren’t a big deal, they prove this one
simple truth:   “In many instances the disparity between believers and
non-believers is slim to none!”  If we are going to be effective in winning souls to Christ, if we’re going to be “the salt of the earth” and “the light of the world,” there must be a
difference in how we live our lives and how the world does.  And while
nobody’s perfect, Christians should strive to be like Jesus in our
actions and attitudes each and every day.  

The Words of our Lord to the hearers in Matthew 5:16 are as follows:  “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.” 
Always remember that the world doesn’t need to “hear a sermon” as much as they need to see
one on display.

Let’s Pray:  “Father, help us to be like
and to represent You in our actions as well as our attitudes, in Jesus’
Name we pray, amen.” 

Daily Prayer:

“Oh, that You would bless me indeed,

and enlarge my territory,

that Your hand would be with me,

and that You would keep me from evil,

that I may not cause pain!”
The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10


DailyConfession:

Father, I thank You for making me the head and not the tail
Above only and not beneath
Thelender and not the borrower
Theconqueror and not the conquered
I thank You for giving me all things that pertain unto life and godliness
And for delivering my life from death and destruction
So that I shall live and not die to declare your works
 
I thank You that no sickness shall live in my body today
For By Your Stripes I'm healed
I confess that I will not be stressed, oppressed, or depressed
Because You're keeping me in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee
I confess that there shall not be any lack in my life today
For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ
Jesus Thank You that all things are working together for my good
And that You always cause me to triumph
This is the day that you have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it
In Jesus, Name, amen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment