My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Never Say Never




Luke 22:33 “But Peter said to him, ‘Lord, I'm ready to go to prison with you and to die with you.’ 34 Jesus replied, ‘Peter, I can guarantee that the rooster won't crow tonight until you say three times that you don't know me.’” (God’s Word Translation)


I heard a comment in a group discussion some time ago that I shall never forget. I recall hearing an individual commenting on someone failing to carry out his or her Christian responsibility in a particular situation. In an objective manner, the person was sharing our Biblical duty of how the situation should have been handled but was misappropriated. The comment that I’ll never forget was made by someone who responded to the person talking. The reply was: “That’s true, but we really don’t know how we would have responded if we were in their shoes.”



How easy is it to look at others who are going through situations and criticize them for making the mistake(s)! Christians are not to “side with” or justify sin; however, we are responsible for helping to restore others who have fallen (Galatians 6:1). Instead of helping one another up, far too many believers kick each other while we’re down. There are those who “major” in making themselves look good at the demise of others. But we must be ever so careful not to say what we will or will not do!



While Peter really believed he’d never deny Jesus, he folded under pressure during the hour of persecution, causing him to weep bitterly (Luke 22:33-34; Luke 22:54-62). Being The Ultimate Example, Jesus restored Peter and personally requested him (Peter) after He’d gotten up from the grave (Mark 16:1-7). The exhortation today is to examine ourselves and to hold one another accountable at judging others who may have fallen.



Let’s Pray:
“Father, we ask that we not judge others who may have fallen, but help us to pray for and help to restore them. Let us hold others accountable without being judgmental and definitely without judging, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”



Daily Prayer:
“Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil,
that I may not cause pain!”
The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment