My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Thursday, September 2, 2010

A GREAT PRIVILEGE




John 14:6: Jesus told him, “I am
The way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.”



A friend of mine tried out for a professional basketball team but unfortunately, he didn’t make the squad. He was just as good as some of the others that made the team, but he just didn’t make the cut. While cleaning out his locker, one of his coaches found out they had a mutual friend. The coach told him that had he mentioned the gentleman’s name, he would have made the team! Simply mentioning someone’s name was his rights-of-passage into professional basketball.



There is a Name that gives the believer access to the throne of God. Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6) Because of His Name, we can “come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.” (Hebrews 4:16) The Bible says that “He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death” (Philippians 2:8), and because He did, “God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name…” (Philippians 2:9)



If you are a believer, you should be thankful for your “Access Code” to the throne of God…The Name of Jesus!



Let’s Pray:

“Father, thank You for The Great Privilege of being able to use The Greatest Name on earth, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”



Daily Prayer:

“Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil,
that I may not cause pain!”

The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment