My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What are You Doing About it?


Judges 2:8 Then Joshua son of Nun, the servant of God, died. He was 110 years old. 9 They buried him in his allotted inheritance at Timnath Heres in the hills of Ephraim north of Mount Gaash. 10 Eventually that entire generation died and was buried. Then another generation grew up that didn't know anything of God or the work he had done for Israel.



I’m often approached by many who talk about the current generation that’s growing up in our society. I admit that the temptations from modern technology are many. But at the same time, there are far too many who are on the bandwagon of slander and not enough willing to bend their knees or crack open their Bibles to instruct our children. How many believers do you know who are guilty as the day is long of labeling and even “writing off” many in our society as hopeless? In many instances, we were just like those we ridicule when we were their ages before The Lord changed our lives!



One of the things that we find about Joshua is that his interactions with God’s people were similar to those of his leader and predecessor, Moses. Like a father, he instructed Israel on the importance of staying faithful and obedient to God. But despite all his instruction, example, and advice, after his death, the Bible says that the following generation that grew up knew nothing about God or the work He’d done for Israel. (Joshua 2:10) Since we learn from instruction, the failure wasn’t in the unlearned generation as much as it was in the generation their senior who failed to teach them.



Have we become like Joshua’s generation and are failing to instill what’s being taught to us into our children? Are we more interested in our children’s temporal profiles (clothes, cars, game systems) than we are their eternal well-being (Bibles, Christian books and CDs)? As a parent, if you died today, have you done your job in making sure you’ve invested into their spiritual lives? The exhortation today is to evaluate and re-evaluate our responsibility in passing on Christ to the next generation.



Let’s Pray:
“Father, we pray that You’ll help us to do our part in being Christian examples and role models to the next generation, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”



Daily Prayer:
“Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil,
that I may not cause pain!”
The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10



Daily Confession:
Father, I thank You for making me the head and not the tail

Above only and not beneath

The lender and not the borrower

The conqueror and not the conquered



I thank You for giving me all things that pertain unto life and godliness

And for delivering my life from death and destruction

So that I shall live and not die to declare your works



I thank You that no sickness shall live in my body

For by Your Stripes I'm healed

I confess that I will not be stressed, oppressed, or depressed

Because You're keeping me in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee



I confess that there is no lack in my life today

For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus



Thank You that all things are working together for my good

And that You always cause me to triumph



This is the day that you have made

I will rejoice and be glad in it

In Jesus, Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment