My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Friday, February 25, 2011

The Law of Reciprocity

Galatians 6:7 (KJV) “Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.”



Over the weekend, I met a young man who asked if it were alright to wear blue jeans to church. I shared with him that it was totally alright—especially if that were all he had to wear. When he shared with me that he only owned one suit, I felt compelled to go in my closet and give him a suit I’d only worn one time (we are about the same size). Something interesting happened the very next day. After church, I went by one of our member’s homes to pick up a ministry item and right before I left, he informed me that he had something for me. To my surprise, he brought me several brand new clothing items less than 24 hours after I’d given a suit to someone else.


My experience was a manifestation of Galatians 6:7, “…whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.” The word, “whatever” is key in this verse. Because I’d sown clothing, that’s exactly what I reaped! I grew up on a farm, and we never reaped okra when we planted tomatoes! Jesus said in Matthew 7:12, “…whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them…” Paul told the church at Galatia that, “…he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.” (Galatians 6:9) Unfortunately, there are those who are upset with a harvest that they planted the seed to receive!


Mike Murdock once said that, “Everything in life is a seed.” This includes things that we take for granted—from a smile to our effort at our jobs. On this last day of the work week, let’s evaluate the seed that we’re sowing. Remember: You can’t expect to receive a good harvest when you sow bad seed.”


Let’s Pray:
“Father, remind us today of the law of sowing and reaping. Help us to sow good seed today and always, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”


Daily Prayer:
“Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil,
that I may not cause pain!”
The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10


Daily Confession:
Father, I thank You for making me the head and not the tail

Above only and not beneath

The lender and not the borrower

The conqueror and not the conquered





I thank You for giving me all things that pertain unto life and godliness

And for delivering my life from death and destruction

So that I shall live and not die to declare your works



I thank You that no sickness shall live in my body

For by Your Stripes I'm healed

I confess that I will not be stressed, oppressed, or depressed

Because You're keeping me in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee



I confess that I will not be distracted, disorganized, or in disarray,

but I will be diligent to what God has called me to do



I confess that there shall not be any lack in my life

For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus

Thank You that all things are working together for my good

And that You always cause me to triumph



This is the day that you have made

I will rejoice and be glad in it

In Jesus, Name, amen

No comments:

Post a Comment