My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Thursday, February 24, 2011

OVERCOMING FEAR

Numbers 13:26 Now they departed and came back to Moses and Aaron and all the congregation of the children of Israel in the Wilderness of Paran, at Kadesh; they brought back word to them and to all the congregation, and showed them the fruit of the land. 27 Then they told him, and said: "We went to the land where you sent us. It truly flows with milk and honey, and this is its fruit. 28 Nevertheless the people who dwell in the land are strong; the cities are fortified and very large; moreover we saw the descendants of Anak there. 30 Then Caleb quieted the people before Moses, and said, "Let us go up at once and take possession, for we are well able to overcome it."




I read in one of Dr. Myles Monroe’s books (I’m paraphrasing and not quoting) that the wealthiest place in the world is the graveyard. He said there were businesses, inventions, ideas, entrepreneurs, and other untapped potential that never manifested in the earth. I’m convinced that one of the reasons that people die “pregnant,” never giving birth to what God placed inside them was due to fear. While it is admirable to have reverential fear, the spirit of fear prohibits us from going forth in our assignments that God has given unto us. Many of you reading this devotional are full of spiritual potential that has been paralyzed by fear. You have visions, dreams, and “God Ideas,” but fear has hindered you from giving birth to what God desires to do in your life. Even though God has given you marching orders, the “what ifs” are holding you back from occupying your wealthy place.



When Moses sent the twelve men to spy out the Promised Land of Canaan (Numbers 13), they reported that the land was just like God said it would be. In fact, they had the fruit to prove it! However there was one problem: there were giants on the turf that God promised them. God established a very important principal with His people early in Scripture and it is this: “Whenever He gives us territory, there will be giants to conquer.” Understand, child of God, that there will not be any progress without opposition to overcome. However, we cannot allow the potential fear of our giants to anesthetize our faith. I’m sure that there are others around you operating in fear like ten of the twelve spies. Our assignment, however, requires that we be like Caleb who proclaimed to his leader, Moses, "Let us go up at once and take possession, for we are well able to overcome it. (Numbers 14:30)" Purpose in your mind today to not allow the giant(s) of fear to stop you from walking into your place of abundance that God has promised.



Let’s Pray:
“Father, we thank You that You have given us the Power to overcome the fear that the enemy is sending our way. Thank You that You are greater than any obstacles, oppressions, and opposition that is against us. Father, our faith is in You and You alone. Help us to “fight the good fight of faith” this day, in Jesus’ Name, Amen.”



To Memorize:
I John 5:4: 4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith (NASB).




Daily Confession:
Father, I thank You for making me the head and not the tail

Above only and not beneath

The lender and not the borrower

The conqueror and not the conquered



I thank You for giving me all things that pertain unto life and godliness

And for delivering my life from death and destruction

So that I shall live and not die to declare your works



I thank You that no sickness shall live in my body

For by Your Stripes I'm healed

I confess that I will not be stressed, oppressed, or depressed

Because You're keeping me in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee



I confess that I will not be distracted, disorganized, or in disarray,

but I will be diligent to what God has called me to do



I confess that there shall not be any lack in my life

For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus

Thank You that all things are working together for my good

And that You always cause me to triumph



This is the day that you have made

I will rejoice and be glad in it

In Jesus, Name, amen
.

No comments:

Post a Comment