My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Friday, February 18, 2011

Warning: “God is Always Watching!”

Various Scriptures

An encounter yesterday reaffirmed the importance of living lives that represent Christ at all times. Lunch with a spiritual son and daughter was interrupted by a 75-year old missionary who sat at an adjacent table. She informed us that she and her 80-year old husband were eavesdropping on our conversation! When she came over, one of the first questions that she asked was whether or not I was a preacher! After telling her testimony, she encouraged us to keep sharing the gospel because Jesus is soon to return. The episode proved that our lives are really being observed—whether we realize it or not.


While it should motivate us that others (humans) are watching, our greatest motivation ought be the fact that God is watching. When King David thought he’d camoflauged his sin from everyone else, the prophet Nathan reminded him of this reality—God saw it! There’s not a place in the universe where we can hide from His All-Seeing Eyes (Psalm 139:7-8). When Potiphar’s wife tried to seduce Joseph to sleep with her, he replied in Genesis 39:9, “There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness…” But his greatest motivation was that he didn’t want to “…sin against God?” (Genesis 39:9) Like Joseph, believers should allow our fear of The Lord to influence us to be on our best behavior at all times.

Wherever you are and regardless to what you do, remember this one simple truth—God is always watching!

Let’s Pray:
“Father, remind us that You’re always watching. Help us to fear You before and above everyone else, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”

Daily Prayer:
“Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil,
that I may not cause pain!”
The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10



Daily Confession:

Father, I thank You for making me the head and not the tail

Above only and not beneath

The lender and not the borrower

The conqueror and not the conquered



I thank You for giving me all things that pertain unto life and godliness

And for delivering my life from death and destruction

So that I shall live and not die to declare your works



I thank You that no sickness shall live in my body

For by Your Stripes I'm healed

I confess that I will not be stressed, oppressed, or depressed

Because You're keeping me in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee



I confess that there is no lack in my life today

For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus



Thank You that all things are working together for my good

And that You always cause me to triumph



This is the day that you have made

I will rejoice and be glad in it

In Jesus, Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment