My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

God Uses People

Genesis 37:12 One day when Joseph's brothers had taken the sheep to a pasture near Shechem, 13 his father Jacob said to him, "I want you to go to your brothers. They are with the sheep near Shechem." "Yes, sir," Joseph answered. 14 His father said, "Go and find out how your brothers and the sheep are doing. Then come back and let me know." So he sent him from Hebron Valley. Joseph was near Shechem 15 and wandering through the fields, when a man asked, "What are you looking for?" 16 Joseph answered, "I'm looking for my brothers who are watching the sheep. Can you tell me where they are?" 17 "They're not here anymore," the man replied. "I overheard them say they were going to Dothan." Joseph left and found his brothers in Dothan.



On my way home from Morning Glory this morning, I called the last leader I served when I was in the military, Lieutenant Colonel (Retired) Kim Swindall. Along with getting reconnected, I called to thank him for helping to guide me through a very critical period in my life. In December 2000, I came down on orders to leave Fort Campbell to go to Fort Hood, Texas. I’d just started the church and was torn because of the success I’d had in the military. At that time, we were worshipping in a hotel, my three children were much smaller, and we were having difficulty finding our own facility. Whenever I’d talked to Colonel Swindall about the decision to stay in the military, he’d tell me, “Calvin, saving souls (spiritual) is more important than saving lives (physically as a U.S. Army medic). Although The Lord had told me to get out, He used Colonel Swindall to confirm that I was making the right decision and to assist with one of the biggest transitions of my life.


In Genesis 37, Jacob told Joseph to go and check on his brothers in a pasture near Shechem. When he (Joseph) arrived, his brothers had departed and gone to Dothan. While wandering in the field trying to locate them, he ran across an unnamed man who asked, “What are you looking for?” The gentleman then guided Joseph to the location that his brothers had gone. When you look in the rear view mirror of your life, you’ll find people (like the gentleman who direct Joseph) who have been used by God to get you to the place that you’ve arrived. Many times, we minimize those who have set good examples, imparted wisdom, and/or guided us in the right direction—sometimes during critical seasons in our lives. The exhortation today is to thank God for the people who have been used by God to touch our lives—either for a season, a reason, or a lifetime.



Daily Confession:
Father, I thank You for making me the head and not the tail
Above only and not beneath
The lender and not the borrower
The conqueror and not the conquered

I thank You for giving me all things that pertain unto life and godliness
And for delivering my life from death and destruction
So that I shall live and not die to declare your works

I thank You that no sickness shall live in my body
For by Your Stripes I'm healed

I confess that I will not be stressed, oppressed, or depressed
Because You're keeping me in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee

I confess that I will not be distracted, disorganized, or in disarray,
but I will be diligent to what God has called me to do

I confess that there shall not be any lack in my life
For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus
Thank You that all things are working together for my good
And that You always cause me to triumph

This is the day that you have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it
In Jesus, Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment