My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

TRUST GOD

Psalm 118:8: “It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.”



Wars and rumors of wars; natural disasters; increase in home foreclosures; rising gas prices; a declining job market; dissolving Social Security benefits…Every day, our minds process an abundance of information that could potentially bring worry and fear into our lives. Several years ago, USA Weekend ran a cover story that reported the things that Americans fear most:



-54% are afraid or very afraid of being in a car crash.

-53% are afraid or very afraid of having cancer.

-50% are afraid or very afraid of inadequate Social Security.

-49% are afraid or very afraid of not having enough money for retirement.

-35% are afraid or very afraid of getting Alzheimer’s.

-33% are afraid or very afraid of being a victim of individual violence.

-32% are afraid or very afraid of being unable to pay current debts.

-30% are afraid or very afraid of exposure to foreign viruses.

-28% are afraid or very afraid of getting AIDS.

-25% are afraid or very afraid of getting natural disasters.



In addition to this:



-4 in 10 people feel unsafe taking a walk alone at night within ½ mile of home.

-1 in 4 women thinks she has been followed by a stranger in the past year.

-1 in 5 fears being caught in a bombing in a public place.



Perhaps these or some other circumstance(s) are causing you to be overly concerned. While we appreciate the media reporting the events that are transpiring in our world, the believer’s faith is not in what is being reported to us—our hope is in a God Whose Power supersedes all situations. The psalmist pinned, “It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.”



Wherever you are or whatever you’re going through, I encourage you to take the advice of the writer of Proverbs 3:5-6: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.”



Let’s Pray: “Father, we pray that regardless to what transpires in our lives, You’ll help us not to fear but trust You, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”



Daily Confession:

Father, I thank You for making me the head and not the tail

Above only and not beneath

The lender and not the borrower

The conqueror and not the conquered



I thank You for giving me all things that pertain unto life and godliness

And for delivering my life from death and destruction

So that I shall live and not die to declare your works



I thank You that no sickness shall live in my body today

For by Your Stripes I'm healed

I confess that I will not be stressed, oppressed, or depressed

Because You're keeping me in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee



I confess that there shall not be any lack in my life today

For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus

Thank You that all things are working together for my good

And that You always cause me to triumph



This is the day that you have made

I will rejoice and be glad in it

In Jesus, Name, amen.



Daily Prayer: “Oh, that You would bless me indeed,

and enlarge my territory,

that Your hand would be with me,

and that You would keep me from evil,

that I may not cause pain!”

The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment