My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

HIS GRACE IS SUFFICIENT

2 Corinthians 12:8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.


Whether you realize it or not, America is gradually coming out of one of the most difficult times (economically) since The Great Depression. Many believers have been affected by this season of economic decline and have lost their jobs and some even their homes. On top of that, we have witnessed some of the most horrific natural disasters of our age. Forest fires, floods, tropical storms and hurricanes have impacted the lives of the citizens of our country. But despite all the things many of us have gone through, we’ve made it and survived.



How do you explain overcoming such difficult times? Where did believers find the strength to worship and believe God for better? Here’s the answer—God’s Amazing Grace. While no one volunteers to go through hard times, all of us know that they are a part of life. Someone once said “without the bad times we couldn’t appreciate the good times and we couldn’t enjoy the sunshine without the rain.” But the good news about being saved is that we realize that God never puts more on us than we can bear (I Corinthians 10:13). And even when we’re faced with the dark seasons in life, God gives us His Grace (His Supernatural, Enabling Ability) to make it through. Paul prayed to the Lord three times to be delivered from his thorn in the flesh (2 Corinthians 12:8). But the Lord said to Paul, “… ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness…’” (2 Corinthians 12:9) If you’re reading this, my prayer for you is that, “The worst is over and the best is yet to come.” But if The Will of the Father is to allow you to be perfected through tests, trials and tribulations, you’ll make it because of His Amazing Grace.



Let’s Pray: “Father, thank You for Your Amazing Grace. We confess that because of Your Grace, we can make it through anything You allow to happen in our lives, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”



Daily Prayer: “Oh, that You would bless me indeed,

and enlarge my territory,

that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!”

The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment