My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Don't Take Today For Granted

Psalm 118:24- "This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it."



Like me, I'm sure that you've never seen the unfavorable effects of storms like we've seen this year. The media reports that this has been the deadliest storm season since the 1950s and one of the most devastating in the history of our nation. Unfortunately, communities and even cities have been destroyed within minutes by deadly tornadoes. Countless individuals have either lost their lives or they're grieving the loss of neighbors, friends and even family members.


Like many other cities, the storms have visited Clarksville as well. Just yesterday, i received an e-mail from one of my spiritual daughters from the National Weather Center predicting a strong possibility that a tornado would hit our city last night. When we gathered around the altar last evening, we agreed by faith that the tornado would bypass Clarksville without effecting the residents of our city. As I was watching the weather report late last night, the meteorologist tracking the storm didn't report any tornadoes in or around our city last evening. Glory to The Name of God!



While our hearts go out to those who have been effected by this year's storm season, I am so grateful that Clarksville hasn't experienced the widespread effects of it. If there's one lesson that we've learned, it is that tomorrow isn't promised to us. Hopefully, we've learned to be thankful for and to appreciate each and every day The Lord allows us to see. Let's begin by confessing, "This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it." Today's exhortation is to be thankful for today and every day that The Lord allows us to see.



Let's Pray:
"Father, thank You for allowing us to see another day. We pray that we won't take this day or any day that You allow us to see for granted, in Jesus' Name, amen."



Daily Confession:
Father, I thank You for making me the head and not the tail Above only and not beneath The lender and not the borrower The conqueror and not the conquered


I thank You for giving me all things that pertain unto life and godliness And for delivering my life from death and destruction So that I shall live and not die to declare your works


I thank You that no sickness shall live in my body today For by Your Stripes I'm healed I confess that I will not be stressed, oppressed, or depressed Because You're keeping me in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee


I confess that there shall not be any lack in my life today For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus Thank You that all things are working together for my good And that You always cause me to triumph


This is the day that you have made

I will rejoice and be glad in it

In Jesus, Name, amen.


Daily Prayer:
“Oh, that You would bless me indeed,



and enlarge my territory,



that Your hand would be with me



and that You would keep me from evil,



that I may not cause pain!”



The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment