My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Power of Praise Thanksgiving

1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NLT) Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

Crime in the city of Clarksville has increased significantly—particularly in the area of theft. The police stated that the declining economy coupled with the loss of property due to natural disasters have coerced many to steal the belongings of others. I received a call yesterday that the home of two of the leaders in our church (Elder Michael and Sis. Alicia Edwards) had been broken into. Ironically, the crime happened in broad daylight, around 10 a.m.! Thankfully, no one was home when the deviance occurred.

When I arrived at their home, my soul was made glad because of the attitudes of the Edwards family. The first thing that I noticed was Sis. Edwards’ textbook smile as she interacted with the police. When I went inside, Elder Mike was assessing the situation calmly without any obvious signs of stress or worry. After all other parties departed, they let me know how thankful they were that things weren’t any worse. Although the thief damaged the back door, stole a flat-screen television and Elder Mike’s brand-new laptop, they rejoiced over the fact that they weren’t home and that more of their property wasn’t stolen. Their attitude of gratitude created an optimistic environment that stirred our faith to believe that God would allow them to recover all that the thief had stolen.

The power of praise and thanksgiving can never be underestimated. While praising God after our victories is expected, praising Him during our valley experiences is encouraged. When we magnify The Name of The Lord, we usher God’s Presence into our situations and give us His Perspective concerning the matter. The psalmist said, “I will bless the LORD at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth.” (Psalm 34:1) Paul gave the church at Thessalonica the following words of wisdom: “Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.” (1 Thessalonians 5:18, NLT) Always remember this powerful truth: “Regardless of what you’re going through, you can always tap into the power of praise and thanksgiving.”

Let’s Pray: “Father, we pray that You’ll always remind us to invite You into every situation in our lives by being thankful and praising You, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”

Daily Confession:

Father, I thank You for making me the head and not the tail

Above only and not beneath

The lender and not the borrower

The conqueror and not the conquered



I thank You for giving me all things that pertain unto life and godliness

And for delivering my life from death and destruction

So that I shall live and not die to declare your works

I thank You that no sickness shall live in my body today

For by Your Stripes I'm healed

I confess that I will not be stressed, oppressed, or depressed

Because You're keeping me in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee



I confess that there shall not be any lack in my life today

For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus

Thank You that all things are working together for my good

And that You always cause me to triumph



This is the day that you have made

I will rejoice and be glad in it

In Jesus, Name, amen.



Daily Prayer: “Oh, that You would bless me indeed,

and enlarge my territory,

that Your hand would be with me

and that You would keep me from evil,

that I may not cause pain!”

The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment