My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

GOD'S GOT YOUR BACK

Numbers 22

While God does occasionally give us a glimpse of things that are in our future, our ability to fully see inside the realm of the spirit is limited. There is an invisible world around us where spiritual warfare takes place unbeknownst to us. Satan, the prince of darkness, leads his army of evil (in a losing expedition) against our Great King, and the Kingdom of God. Because of the believer’s allegiance with God, we’ve become targets of Satan and his plan is to destroy anybody and anything associated with the Kingdom of Light. Believers can be assured that The God we serve is protecting us from the attacks of the enemy—even when we don’t see them coming.

In Numbers 22, Balak, king of the Moabites, sent for the Mesopotamian soothsayer, Balaam, to come and put a curse on the Israelites. Balak hoped that Balaam's curse would ensure Israel's defeat (Numbers 22:1-6). As Balaam was headed to see Balak, the Angel of the Lord blocked the path of the travelers. Amazingly, the donkey saw The Angel’s Drawn Sword in His Hand and diverted off the path (Numbers 22:23). Each time Balaam tried directing the donkey’s direction, The Angel would hinder their progress (22:23-27). After Balaam struck the donkey a third time, God opened the mouth of the animal and the donkey initiated a conversation with Balaam! (Numbers 22:28-30). When the Lord opened Balaam’s eyes, he was able to see what the donkey had seen and was given instructions not to obey Balak’s request (22:31-35). Balaam, a Mesopotamian soothsayer, informed Balak, king of the Moabites, that he’d only say what God had commanded him! (Numbers 22:38). Although Israel had no idea of the enemy’s plot, our Great God intercepted the plans of the enemy and they didn’t manifest.


One of God’s Promises to us is that, “No weapon formed against you shall prosper…” (Isaiah 54:17). Although the enemy plots and schemes against us, we can be confident in the fact that, “God has our back!”


Let’s Pray: “Father, we thank You that You’re always working in our behalf, even when we don’t see You working. Help us to be confident in the fact that You’re working every situation for our good, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”


Daily Prayer:Oh, that You would bless me indeed,

and enlarge my territory,

that Your hand would be with me,

and that You would keep me from evil,

that I may not cause pain!”

The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10


Daily Confession:

Father, I thank You for making me the head and not the tail

Above only and not beneath

The lender and not the borrower

The conqueror and not the conquered


I thank You for giving me all things that pertain unto life and godliness

And for delivering my life from death and destruction

So that I shall live and not die to declare your works


I thank You that no sickness shall live in my body

For by Your Stripes I'm healed

I confess that I will not be stressed, oppressed, or depressed

Because You're keeping me in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee


I confess that I will not be distracted, disorganized, or in disarray,

but I will be diligent to what God has called me to do


I confess that there shall not be any lack in my life

For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus

Thank You that all things are working together for my good

And that You always cause me to triumph


This is the day that you have made

I will rejoice and be glad in it

In Jesus, Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment