My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Friday, June 25, 2010

A Dedicated Household

Joshua 24:15 “…choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve…But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”


I know a young man who lost his job and had to move back home with his mother. He’d been brought up in the church but had strayed away from this Christian discipline as an adult. His mother agreed to let him move back into the house under one stipulation—he had to go to church. Her comment to him was, “The occupants in this house attend church. And now that you’re under this roof, you will do the same.”


One of the saddest commentaries of this present generation of parenting is that our children have too many options. And while it’s good to encourage them to think for themselves, there are some things that should not be optional. My dad told me coming up, “As long as your big feet dangle from my table you’re going to church on Sunday!” We need more parents who will take a stand for God and will dedicate their households to The Lord. Joshua took this kind of stand during his generation. His exhorted the people to “…choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve…” (Joshua 24:15) He made his proclamation that “…as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” (Joshua 24:15)

Is serving God or coming to church optional in your household? Do those in your home get to decide for themselves whether or not they attend church this weekend? The exhortation is to dedicate our households to The Lord.


Let’s Pray:
“Father, in The Name of Jesus, help us to dedicate our homes to You, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”


Daily Prayer:
“Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil,
that I may not cause pain!”

The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment