My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Monday, June 7, 2010

The Enemy of Procrastination

Numbers 13:30 Then Caleb quieted the people before Moses, and said, "Let us go up at once and take possession, for we are well able to overcome it."



I read some time ago that worry is probably the most universal sin in the body of Christ. If worry is the most widespread sin, then procrastination is a close second! And while we understand The Timing of God, there are some things that we’re failing to do because of our slothfulness. Personally, I’ve met more than a few Christians who have echoed the same words: “I need to start…” More often than not, the greatest hindrance in starting what God is leading us to do is the person we see in the mirror.



In Numbers 13, 10 of the 12 spies who went on the reconnaissance of the Promised Land came back with an evil report. Although there were giants in the land, Caleb and Joshua refused to allow procrastination to become an enemy. Caleb’s reply to the negative report of the other spies was, “…Let us go up at once and take possession…” (Numbers 13:30)

Has procrastination become one of your greatest enemies? My prayer for you today is that you’ll overcome this enemy and walk in obedience to God.

Let’s Pray:
“Father, we pray that You’ll ‘break the back’ of procrastination in our lives, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”

Daily Prayer:
“Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil,
that I may not cause pain!”


The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment