My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

“A God in Crises”



Matthew 14:30- “…he was afraid; and beginning to sink he cried out, saying, ‘Lord, save me!’ 31 And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him…”



Have you ever been at either a place or an event and partook in a “moment of silence?” I recall dropping off my daughter at school once during this momentary pause at the beginning of the school day. When the school’s activities resumed, I was a little offended that more time wasn't given to the discipline of prayer. Like most other places, a moment of silence at school was just that—“a moment of silence.”



Will God answer a prayer that’s less than five seconds long? What can we say in such a short period that could possibly cause Him to respond? Jesus’ Parable of the Pharisee and the publican proves that it’s not the length, but the content and sincerity of the prayer that touches the heart of God. (Luke 18:10-14) Because our God is, “…a very present help in trouble…” (Psalm 46:1), He’s available during times of emergency. I defend that accidents have been prevented and lives even spared because of a cry of help (to God) during crises situations. Jesus’ immediate response to Peter’s three-word prayer literally prevented him from drowning in the midst of the sea. (Matthew 14:31)


It’s comforting to know that we serve a God Who responds during times of crises.


Let’s Pray:
“Father, thank You for Your Intervention during times of crises in our lives, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”



Daily Prayer:
“Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil,
that I may not cause pain!”

The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment