My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Thursday, June 3, 2010

****HEED THE WARNING****

John 16:13: However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.


Once upon a time, flashing lights at oncoming traffic represented that law enforcement was ahead. I recall an occasion when I was traveling on a road that I’d never seen a police car. While driving that morning, an oncoming car flashed its lights at me. Although the speed limit was 30, most people accelerated over the speed limit on that road and I was no exception. The flashing lights provoked me to decrease my speed to the legal limit. One-half mile down the road, a policeman was nestled snug in a wooded area with his radar gun pointed directly at me. Not only did heeding the warning cause me to adhere to the laws of the land, but it also prevented me from getting a ticket.

Whether you realize it or not, Our Heavenly Father has given His children an Internal Warning System and His Name is The Holy Spirit. One of the many reasons that we can give Our God praise is because He left His Spirit to comfort, lead, guide, teach, and show us things to come. Like natural lights flash when we need to proceed with caution, The Holy Spirit warns us when there is danger ahead during our spiritual journeys. We can attribute some of the fixes, binds, and jams in our lives to our failure to heed the Counsel of the Comforter. In fact, one of the gauges of growth is when we can recognize and obey the “flashing lights” given us by the Spirit of God. Let’s resolve today to listen and submit to the Holy Spirit in every area of our lives.

Let’s Pray:
“Father, thank you for The God here on earth right now in the Person of The Holy Spirit. Thank you Lord, for loving us enough to leave us Someone Who knows the past, present, and future. Thank You for your desire to lead us, guide us, and show us things to come. Help us to both recognize and yield to Your Voice this day, in Jesus’ Name we pray, Amen.”


Daily Prayer:
Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil,
that I may not cause pain!”

The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment