My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Daily Task


I Corinthians 15:31- “…I die daily.”




A couple years ago, I spoke with a pastor who was celebrating his 50th Pastoral Anniversary. I was simply amazed that after fifty years he’s still excited about Jesus and is passionate about his pastoral call! When I asked for words of wisdom to help me along, he replied, “Son, I’m still learning to die each day. I have to so that Christ may live.”



Paul said, “ I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.” (Galatians 2:20) You’d think that after being a pastor for fifty years, he would have mastered or even “grandfathered” the Christian walk to the point that his flesh would be dead now. But dying to ourselves is something that we’ll have to do each day until we go to the grave. If Christ is going to live in us, we have to yield to this process on a continuous basis. Paul said, “I die daily.” (I Corinthians 15:31)


Yield to the process of dying to the flesh today (and every day) so that Christ may live.


Let’s Pray:

“Father, help us to die to the flesh each day, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”



Daily Prayer:
“Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil,
that I may not cause pain!”

The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment