My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Rescinded Report (devotional from 3/28/2011)

Isaiah 53:1-““Who has believed our report?..”


Most days I have to make myself watch the news because of the depressing mood I feel after doing so. There are times when I feel like, “if it were not for bad news, we’d hear no news at all.” The media fills the airways with reports such as: scandals amongst professional athletes, a shaky economy, destruction, wars (and rumors of wars), murders, natural catastrophes—from tsunamis to storms (to include hurricanes, tornadoes, and snowstorms) to forest fires…It’s no wonder that Smith Wigglesworth, one of the “fathers of the faith,” didn’t read the newspaper or even allow one in his home!



One of the enemy’s greatest tactics is to bombard us with negative information in an attempt to get us to believe his report. The kingdom of darkness deals with facts; while the Kingdom of God is grounded in truth. (John 17:17) It could be factual that your life is in disarray, but the truth is that God will “keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You (The Lord)” (Isaiah 26:3) You could have evidence that your finances are flaky, but if you’ve been faithful to God in tithes and offerings, the truth is your “God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:19) There could be a situation that appears too great for anyone to work out, but the truth is that our God is “…able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think.” (Ephesians 3:20)



The question this morning is the same one Isaiah posed thousands of years ago, “Who has believed our report?..” Believe that God is able to rescind the enemy’s report and turn your situation around…today!



Let’s Pray:
“Father, we pray for faith to believe Your Report, regardless of what our eyes see, how we feel, or what’s been reported before. Since faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God, help us to hear the right words today regarding our situations, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”



Daily Prayer:
“Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil,that I may not cause pain!”
The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10



Daily Confession:
Father, I thank You for making me the head and not the tail

Above only and not beneath

The lender and not the borrower

The conqueror and not the conquered



I thank You for giving me all things that pertain unto life and godliness

And for delivering my life from death and destruction

So that I shall live and not die to declare your works



I thank You that no sickness shall live in my body today

For by Your Stripes I'm healed

I confess that I will not be stressed, oppressed, or depressed

Because You're keeping me in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee



I confess that there shall not be any lack in my life today

For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus

Thank You that all things are working together for my good

And that You always cause me to triumph



This is the day that you have made

I will rejoice and be glad in it

In Jesus, Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment