My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Importance of Holiness!

I Peter 1:16-“…it is written, "Be holy, for I am holy.”


Advances in technology have affected every area of society—to include the music industry. Once upon a time, vendors carried a wide selection of CDs. There was a day when music was separated in stores by genre. But because the industry has changed its packaging and distribution methods, many stores merge their CDs together into one section. Customers often have difficulty finding their favorite artists and genres of music on CD because all of them are “mixed in” together.



Holiness is a term that we don’t hear often in the 21st century church. When I was a child, we used the word holiness to signify those who were part of a congregation of Pentecostal believers that we referred to as, “the sanctified church.” But as I grew older, I found out that holiness wasn’t a denomination but a lifestyle. A simple definition of holiness means, “to be set apart for holy use.” Believers must always remember the importance of living our lives in a manner that’s different from the world. Jesus said that we are to, “let our lives so shine among men that they may see our good works and glorify our Father in heaven.” (Matthew 5:16) God’s Word through the penmanship of Peter is to “Be ye holy for I am holy.” (I Peter 1:16)



Let’s do our best to live our lives in a manner that glorifies God by being different from the world.



Let’s Pray: “Father, help us to conduct ourselves in a manner that represents and glorifies You, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”



Daily Prayer:
“Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil,
that I may not cause pain!”
The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10



Daily Confession:

Father, I thank You for making me the head and not the tail

Above only and not beneath

The lender and not the borrower

The conqueror and not the conquered



I thank You for giving me all things that pertain unto life and godliness

And for delivering my life from death and destruction

So that I shall live and not die to declare your works



I thank You that no sickness shall live in my body

For by Your Stripes I'm healed

I confess that I will not be stressed, oppressed, or depressed

Because You're keeping me in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee



I confess that I will not be distracted, disorganized, or in disarray,

but I will be diligent to what God has called me to do



I confess that there shall not be any lack in my life

For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus

Thank You that all things are working together for my good

And that You always cause me to triumph



This is the day that you have made

I will rejoice and be glad in it

In Jesus, Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment