My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Follow His Voice

John 10:14: “My sheep hear my voice…”


I am so grateful to The Lord that He gave me great parents in the persons of Lue Henry and Veola Lockett. I’m blessed because my parents have always loved me, affirmed me, and spoken into my life. My mother taught me how to pray and she instructed me on the importance of God’s Word. Dad drilled me on the importance of integrity by saying things like, “your word is your bond.” They took me to church instead of sending me by someone else. But as great as they are, I’ve suffered many things because I disregarded their advice. One of my greatest regrets in life is the seasons when I had to learn life lessons “the hard way” instead of simply heeding the voice(s) of my parents.

How many times has The Holy Spirit convicted us to do something and we disobeyed? Because God’s Spirit indwells us, believers are able to recognize our Master’s Voice. Jesus declared, “My sheep hear my voice…” (John 10:14) But hearing our Master’s Voice isn’t the problem for Christians—obeying His Voice is the issue. Though there are times when we miss the mark (Romans 3:23, Isaiah 53:6), walking in disobedience to God should not be a repetitive practice in our lives. We must strive to get to the place where we trust The Voice of God unconditionally, knowing for certain that He’ll never lead us wrong.

Let’s agree that we’ll get better at following the leading of our Master.

Let’s Pray:
“Father, help us to obey Your Voice with full assurance and confidence, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”

Daily Prayer:
“Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!”
The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10


Daily Confession:
Father, I thank You for making me the head and not the tail
Above only and not beneath
The lender and not the borrower
The conqueror and not the conquered

I thank You for giving me all things that pertain unto life and godliness
And for delivering my life from death and destruction
So that I shall live and not die to declare your works

I thank You that no sickness shall live in my body today
For by Your Stripes I'm healed
I confess that I will not be stressed, oppressed, or depressed
Because You're keeping me in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee

I confess that there shall not be any lack in my life today
For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus
Thank You that all things are working together for my good
And that You always cause me to triumph

This is the day that you have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it
In Jesus, Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment