My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Are You Convinced?

I Kings 18:22 Then Elijah said to the people, "I alone am left a prophet of the LORD, but Baal's prophets are 450 men. 23 "Now let them give us two oxen; and let them choose one ox for themselves and cut it up, and place it on the wood, but put no fire under it; and I will prepare the other ox and lay it on the wood, and I will not put a fire under it.

24 "Then you call on the name of your god, and I will call on the name of the LORD, and the God who answers by fire, He is God." And all the people said, "That is a good idea."


The prophet Elijah was so convinced that his God was greater than Baal until he challenged his competition to a showdown. Although he was outnumbered by 449 men, his confidence in God was the motivation that coerced him to make such an awesome challenge. God proved that Elijah served the True and Living God with a great display of power. After Baal failed to answer the cry (and ceremonial activity) of his prophets, Elijah dug a trench around the altar, prepared his sacrifice, and asked Baal’s prophets to pour twelve pitchers of water on top of it (I Kings 18:30-35). When he called on the Name of our God, not only did He consume the sacrifice, but the wood, stones, and dust also (I Kings 18:38). The Fire was so powerful until it licked up the water that was in the trench! What a Mighty God we serve!



2 Corinthians 5:20 clearly states that our assignment as believers is to represent our King, Jesus Christ, as His ambassadors in the earth. Not only are we called to worship Him in assemblies with other believers, but we’ve also been given the Great Commission to take the gospel to the world. The product that we market, receiving Jesus as Lord, is invaluable and cannot be purchased with money, gold, silver, or any other earthly resource. Amazingly, the price was paid over 2,000 years ago when Christ died on Calvary’s Cross.
The problem isn’t our Product, but our conviction. If we’re going to be effective, we must be passionate about offering our Invaluable Christ to a dying humanity. How convinced are you that have The Only Solution for the world’s problems?



Many Christians don’t take their assignments as ambassadors seriously. Don’t be one of them! Begin today by sharing Jesus with someone else. We don’t have to be as confrontational as Elijah (or even my brother in that regard) to be effective Christians. We should, however, prayerfully and strategically offer Christ to others one person at a time. If they’re saved but don’t attend church regularly, invite them to attend your worship service this Sunday. After all, if you’re a Christian, you have a Proven, Priceless Product.



Let’s Pray: “Father, thank You for the awesome privilege of being a Christian. We ask that You will help us represent You by being the ambassadors You’ve called us to be. Teach us, Holy Spirit, how to emulate You and the Kingdom of God on earth today, in Jesus’ Name, Amen.



Daily Prayer:
“Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil,
that I may not cause pain!”
The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10



Daily Confession:

Father, I thank You for making me the head and not the tail

Above only and not beneath

The lender and not the borrower

The conqueror and not the conquered



I thank You for giving me all things that pertain unto life and godliness

And for delivering my life from death and destruction

So that I shall live and not die to declare your works



I thank You that no sickness shall live in my body

For by Your Stripes I'm healed

I confess that I will not be stressed, oppressed, or depressed

Because You're keeping me in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee



I confess that I will not be distracted, disorganized, or in disarray,

but I will be diligent to what God has called me to do



I confess that there shall not be any lack in my life

For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus

Thank You that all things are working together for my good

And that You always cause me to triumph



This is the day that you have made

I will rejoice and be glad in it

In Jesus, Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment