My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Monday, March 7, 2011

Choose to Think Positively

Being saved doesn't qualify us for an exemption from frustration. But regardless how challenging the situation, we must choose to think positively. The opportunity to fail this test was afforded me just yesterday. I had the awesome privilege of preaching my pastor's silver anniversary during an afternoon service. After church ended, my pastor asked me to do something he's never done—stay over and eat dinner with him! Usually, he packs my family plates if food is served and puts us on the road. But because the occasion was special to him, he asked that we dine with him.



Dinner was served in pastor's personal banquet hall in rural Mississippi. After we consumed our meal, we loaded the vehicle anticipating a hasty departure. But as we were leaving, our vehicle got stuck in the Mississippi mud! Negative thoughts immediately bombarded my mind: "Why did you have to come out here in the first place?" "You could have been way down the road by now, but you're stuck here and Lord knows when you'll get home." Instead of dwelling on negativity and allowing it to control my mood and emotions, I decided to be positive about the situation. I encouraged our driver and told him that it wasn't his fault. I enjoyed the company of the brothers who'd come out to assist. In no time, we were out of the mud and on our way home.


I believe that faith is, as much as anything else, an optimistic attitude about life—regardless of the situation. Although the Apostle Paul lived a life of hardship, he chose to think positively. The following passages came through the penmanship of this great apostle: “Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!” (Philippians 4:4) “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” (Philippians 4:13) “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.” (Romans 8:28) “We are hard pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed” (2 Corinthians 4:8-9)



As we begin another work week, make the decision to have a great week by thinking positively regardless of the opposition you're faced with.



Let’s Pray: “Father, help us to think positively today and always, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”



Daily Prayer:
“Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil,
that I may not cause pain!”
The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10



Daily Confession:

Father, I thank You for making me the head and not the tail

Above only and not beneath

The lender and not the borrower

The conqueror and not the conquered



I thank You for giving me all things that pertain unto life and godliness

And for delivering my life from death and destruction

So that I shall live and not die to declare your works



I thank You that no sickness shall live in my body

For by Your Stripes I'm healed

I confess that I will not be stressed, oppressed, or depressed

Because You're keeping me in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee



I confess that I will not be distracted, disorganized, or in disarray,

but I will be diligent to what God has called me to do



I confess that there shall not be any lack in my life

For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus

Thank You that all things are working together for my good

And that You always cause me to triumph



This is the day that you have made

I will rejoice and be glad in it

In Jesus, Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment