My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Where Are You?

Genesis 3:9: Then the Lord God called to Adam and said to him, "Where are you?"



Many Bible dictionaries’ definitions of prayer are much more complicated than the act itself. Although it’s defined a plethora of ways in various languages, prayer is simply communicating or communing with God. Of the millions of people who participate in the art, the vast majority of practicing individuals (believers and unbelievers alike) abuse this wonderful privilege—primarily because of our ignorance of its purpose. Most people only solicit or engage in prayer during the “911’s” of life; however, prayer’s primary purpose is to build stronger relationships with the Lord. The Bible is crystal clear that man was created in the image (resemblance) and likeness (manner/similitude) of God (Genesis 1:27). Our natural desire to fellowship with other human beings is a replica of God’s Desire to fellowship with man. The Lord’s Desire for our fellowship is seen in Genesis 3:8-9: “And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden. Then the Lord God called to Adam and said to him, ‘Where are you?’” How amazing it is that the same God (Elohim) who desired fellowship with Adam still desires fellowship with us today!



As believers, God wants to share His Presence and Love with us. We must not allow the hustle and bustle of life to distract us from continuously building our relationships with the Lord. It’s the Will of God to communicate with us and to bring guidance, instructions and affirmation to the finite state of our human frailties. God is in place, positioned and ready to commune with us. The question today is: “Where are you?”



Let’s Pray: “Father, we commit and re-commit to prayer today like never before. We pray that You’ll help us to not get distracted by the things happening around us. We pray that prayer, study, and spending time with You will be our top priority in life, in Jesus’ Name, Amen.



Daily Prayer:
“Oh, that You would bless me indeed,

and enlarge my territory,

that Your hand would be with me,

and that You would keep me from evil,

that I may not cause pain!”

The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10
Daily Confession:

Father, I thank You for making me the head and not the tail

Above only and not beneath

The lender and not the borrower

The conqueror and not the conquered



I thank You for giving me all things that pertain unto life and godliness

And for delivering my life from death and destruction

So that I shall live and not die to declare your works



I thank You that no sickness shall live in my body

For by Your Stripes I'm healed

I confess that I will not be stressed, oppressed, or depressed

Because You're keeping me in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee



I confess that I will not be distressed, distracted, or in disarray

But I will be focused on what you’ve commanded me to do



I confess that there is no lack in my life today

For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus

Thank You that all things are working together for my good

And that You always cause me to triumph



This is the day that you have made

I will rejoice and be glad in it

In Jesus, Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment